Tripod for Nikon D40 SLR

D

Darran

Looking to buy a tri pod for my camrea, notting to fancy just something to get up and running with. Have seen a few in the Argus from around 20 euros upwards. Willing to spent around 20-30 on one, just wondering are they any good and will it fit my camrea?
Any help would be great.
Cheers Darran.

Aren't tripod mounts usually universal? With Argos at least you can try it (even immediately after purchase in the shop) and bring it back within a few weeks for a no quibble refund (other than on certain items). www.7dayshop.com also have a range of tripods.

Yeah thats want I tought, but you know with Argos sometimes you end up with the wrong item in the box. Thanks for that just needed to make sure that it would work on my camera, instead of buying the brand name one which would cost a lot more money. Cheers
Darran.

Yeah thats want I tought, but you know with Argos sometimes you end up with the wrong item in the box.
Having bought innumerable items in Argos both here and in the UK this has never happened to me.

If you don't want anything fancy then these will be fine, they are only worth about the €20 or so but will certainly do for starters and as correctly stated they are a universal fit.

I started with an entry level tripod something similiar a few years ago but as i progressed more with my photography i found its limitations.

I think they have a few different models on offer but at that price they are all essentially the same. Go for it!

Do some research first - at least read up on a few camera enthusiast/review sites to get an idea of what to look out for in an entry level tripod.

Just bought one there, a friend at work give me the name of a shop here in dublin, www.cameraexchange.ie, on Trinty st just off Dame st. Just picked one out for 30 euros, with a bag and all. Got to have a play around with it and he showed me the settings on it, very helpful, just when you buy something from Argos you cant try before you buy as my friend said. They were very helpful, just said want I was looking for and they had it, so happy days. Thanks all.

just when you buy something from Argos you cant try before you buy as my friend said.
Not necessarily true - they may allow you to see/try out things before buying or you can just do this (in the shop or at home) and if you are not satisfied bring it back within a few weeks (can't remember the time limit these days) intact and in the original packaging for a no quibble refund (excluding certain goods flagged in the catalogue).