Trip to Newyork-Flight & Hotel Query

papervalue

Thinking of a trip to Newyork late July for around 6 nights. Wondering the following:

1. Has anyone stayed in Wellington or Paramount hotel in last 9 months and would they recommend either as i looked at trip advisor etc and hard to know who to believe.

2. Thinking of booking via Last minute or Tour America for both hotel and flights- Is their any advantage in booking flights(aerlingus/Delta) and hotel directly myself? Prices booking direct look dearer most of time

thanks

We stayed in the Wellington on St Patricks weekend, we booked through ebookers. Not a problem.

If I was booking again in the morning I would book the Wellington again.

Its location is just brilliant. Our room was perfect, we had plenty of room, there was a good size walk in wardrobe that our suit cases fitted in, our ensuite was small but adaquate, no problems with showers etc and loads of clean towels. We met girls from Dublin who had a problem with their room i.e. the banging pipes that I read about on trip advisor, they complained and were moved straight away and had no problems after that. I was nervous that we would have problems after reading trip advisor.

The day we were leaving we checked out of our room at 9am (as we still wanted to do loads) and our flight was not until 10.30pm and there was a secure place to leave our bags and we were given a card in order to be able to use the toilets etc in the reception area.

Enjoy

try the hotel edison just off time square. Old but nice hotel but a great diner for brekkie adn a fab italian restaurant on site also. Also right across the street from the TKTS office to get same day tickets for broadway shows. Highly recommended and I got a great deal when I was there last jan

Thinking of a trip to Newyork late July for around 6 nights. Wondering the following:

1. Has anyone stayed in Wellington or Paramount hotel in last 9 months and would they recommend either as i looked at trip advisor etc and hard to know who to believe.

2. Thinking of booking via Last minute or Tour America for both hotel and flights- Is their any advantage in booking flights(aerlingus/Delta) and hotel directly myself? Prices booking direct look dearer most of time

thanks

I am off there iN june for time no 5 and always book flights and hotel seperately myself on web as have found it to be cheaper every time. I have recently used www.cityandshow.com for the hotel and got a great price for the hilton times square. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

No need to use an agent, the internet is your friend!! Both airlines have websites or you can use something like www.itasoftware.com to suss out the best fares.

Hotels, try sites like hotwire, priceline and even the hotels own sites for special offers. We like the Hyatt at Grand Central for location.

As for tripadvisor, the standard is discard the best and worst reviews and see what the rest say for a more accurate representation.

I would suggest booking seperately also - it has served me well in the past.

In terms of flights- I've found the best thing is to go out with an American Airline and home with an Irish one, booking two one ways. I found Delta going out and Aer Lingus coming home to be the cheapest way to do it, but in hindsight, the Delta flight experience was better, and if there was little in the way of difference on price, would fly home Delta next time (obviously, if there was a huge difference in price, I would come back AL again). Even if you decide to fly the same carrier over and back, I would still look to book two one-way tickets.

Hotels in NY can be expensive but I found to be extremely good value. The only drawback is that you don't know exactly which hotel you are staying in until you book and pay, however you know the general area, facilities and rating (and in some cases, its easy to 'figure out' which hotel it may be).

You'll have a ball regardless, but the more money you save in the logisitics, the more you have to spend on having a great time!

Have Fun
PB :D

I would suggest booking separately we are going at the start of June and booked flights direct through Aerlingus and booked the Hotel St James just off Times Square and got 7 nights flights, insurance, 1 broadway show and accommodation for €820pps. We booked the hotel through NY.com because it was cheaper than booking direct with the hotel. Its our third trip and we always find it cheaper booking separately.

We booked the hotel and flight together 4 nights €445pps - Delta airlines and Wellington Hotel. Worked out alot cheaper for us. e-bookers.ie as posted above.

I went over to New York at Easter and got a great deal on a hotel off Times Square on also had
some very good deals on New York hotels.

If it is your first time to visit New York, you can't beat Times Square for location.

the radio city apartments on 7th and 49th....... UNBELIEVABLE location and cleaniness impeccible... so hard to book becaude there so good. couldnt fault them. cheap too.

Back