trip to liverpool and manchester

seánieboy

Hi there,
myself and my friend have planned to go to liverpool on the 6th of December for about 4 days and since we found out that manchester is fairly close by maybe it might be feasible to do the two cities. 2 nights in each city perhaps.

My question is this when we get into liverpool can we get a train to manchester and if so where and how much would this cost return rate or would it be better to rent a car for the few days.

This weekend is a bit of a piss up to celebrate 21 years in the job so maybe a few suggestions from anyone to make it a successful weekend all replies are appreciated

Manchester is about an hour away by train and they run very frequently. Cost is about 12 sterling return. See here under national rail for planning your journey and seeing how much iy costs. (Follow the steps accordingly).

My question is this when we get into liverpool can we get a train to manchester and if so where and how much would this cost return rate or would it be better to rent a car for the few days.

Takes about 45 mins - 1 hour on train from Liverpool to Manchester.
[broken link removed]

Do NOT hire a car.....parking very expensive in city centre manchester. There are plenty of inexpensive ( Ibis/Travel lodge/ premier lodge ) hotels in the city centre area, 5 mins walk from everywhere. The city centre regeneration has created many opportunities for 'piss up' activities...

get the train from Lime Street station in centre of Liverpool city in Manchester.