Trip to Cuba

BaileyMc

Hi all,

Hoping someone may be able to give some help or guidance.

Want to travel to Cuba in mid July for two weeks, 2-3 days in Havana and the rest in Paradisus Rio de Ora.

Trying to find the best agent to go with, cost wise of course! Seems to be much cheaper to go from the UK even with the extra flights added in.

Would like if possible to keep it local and all that!!

So if anyone can advise of a good agent that would maybe more competitive price wise would be much appreciated.

Thanks
BaileyMc

unfortunately no local airlines fly to cuba,

so if you wish to simply pay more to higher charging irish agents, maybe split the difference, send them a cheque for half the difference and book with the UK agent?

personally i would go uk, maybe someday the irish will bring their prices down

Hi, I have priced 14 nights to Varadero in September for 2 adults and 1 infant with Irish operators and its way more expensive. With Sunway its about 4,800 odd euro, with Virgin holidays in the UK its about 2,500 euro.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Was just wondering if anyone had booked with an Irish travel agent and felt they had got a good deal.

PyritePete - You should also price The Holiday Place in the UK. I rang them and Virgin Holidays and The Holiday Place was cheaper by nearly £1,000 for the exact same trip!! Would you not be worried about travelling during peak hurricane season?

It will be very humid in Cuba at that time of year. I agree with other posters as regards The holiday place is by far the cheapest , sometimes you can get great value with Kuoni i have travelled to Cuba on a two centre holiday with them.

Hi - Have you considered booking direct. We went to Cuba two years ago and found it very easy to book all accomodation online. For flights we went with Air France changing in Paris. Looking at the prices mentioned above it would work out much cheaper. Anyway just a suggestion.

Hi all, thanks for the replies. I must check out Holiday Place UK and Kuoni. We were in Cuba in September before and it was fine, fingers crossed this year. There was a hurricane for the last 2 years so maybe we will escape this year

I have looked at booking seperately and need to check out a bit more as on initial look A France to Havana was about 900 per person.

Hi,

Just to let you know I got a good price from Tropical Sky today. This is the only quote I got that is in the running vs. The Holiday Place, only about €50 in the difference which is good.

Just another place to try!

Nadd, BaileyMc - its been years since we were in Cuba and we hadn't any malaria injections, didnot need to take Malaria tablets.sprays etc. Some travel books recommend that we take precaution etc. A look at tmb.ie has said that no malaria is transmitted in Cuba.
Have you guys been there recently ? I suppose a "safety first" approach is best ?

Am still ringing around places for best quotes.

Who did you go with to book your accomodation online?
This seems like a viable option as flights to Havana from London are reasonably priced at the moment.

have looked at Iberostar hotels in varadero and are more expensive than flight & hotel packages booked thru a travel agent or online. Tropical Sky quoted about 3,500 for 12 nights AI standard room, this is what the hotel alone would cost.

Still shopping around !!

Went to Cuba last June and booked hotels in Havana (Nacionale de Cuba) and Varadero (Sandals Hicacos) - both very nice via [broken link removed]

They were even cheaper than booking with the hotel direct - checked on arrival.