Trip Advisor.com

B

bluebean

hi all,

Has anyone used the above holiday/hotel review site? in your opinion, how close to the truth is it? Seems to be mainly made up of comments from Americans.
Anyone know of any other hotel review site? For a London hotel.

thanks

I've found it very useful for European & Irish hotels & apartments, even if most users are US-based. Don't forget to contribute to the community by submitting your own review.

I prefer http://www.venere.com (Venere.com) myself.

Hi Bluebean

I used Tripadvisor.com recently to narrow down my choice of hotel in Paris. I felt that the reviews were overly critical of the hotel I chose, and I thought that might be from a US expectation perspective, but I thought it was great. Rooms were indeed tiny though!

Slim 8)

I've found it useful because most of the contributions are from Americans. My rationale is that Americans tend to be more demanding of their accommodation and willing to complain about it, so if a hotel is good enough for them...

re: demanding Americans!

I never thought of it like that I guess. I've never been to the states, so I dont know what their star rating system is like.
Using trip advisor for the review, I found a hotel in their top 30 for £69 per night. I guess I was just a bit suspicious of getting such a good deal - you know, too good to be true type of fear.

But after reading the responses, then I feel more confident in taking a chance on it.

Couldn't find the hotel in question on venere.com Sueellen, but the site went into my favourites list for future reference!

thanks.

Back