Trinny & Susannah

gramlab

Can't believe I'm asking the question but wife is always saying she would love these 2 to come round and do their style/clothes thing. I know that wouldn't be possible but does anyone know of a person/company in this country (ideally cork) that does this sort of thing - not just your personal shopper kind of thing, although that might be the only option.

Would be in the good books for a mighty long time if I could arrange something like this for xmas/birthday.

And no - I'm not in the bad book before you ask!

Try colour me beautiful. They have people in Cork. [broken link removed]

One friend thought it was useless but my mother and another friend loved it - they had both the style and colour consultations.

I felt the CMB was more geared towards the more mature lady to be honest and felt the colurs/makeup consultaation very dated so would not reckon on their style approach! Some of the bigger stores like Debenhams have personal shoppers and could get an idea of what suited you without having to commit to buy anything and could then use this knowledge to shop in whatever store you wished.

There was an article in the Kerryman a few months ago about two sisters who were doing this in Tralee, I think. They might have a clothes shop too, I can't remember it too well. I DO remember though that they were young, goodlooking and appeared very stylish themselves which would suggest that they actually do have a good idea about style. I logged on to Unison to see if I could search the KErryman archives but couldn't find how to do it. Maybe you could give them a ring- I'm sure they'd be able to tell you. Tralee isn't too far from Cork.

You could try writing into off the rails in RTE, they do make overs on their show. They also have a show on in Dublin (RDS) at the end of the month and I think they do make overs during the day so you could arrange a night in Bewleys on Ballsbridge too or go for the Four Seasons if you really want to get major brownie points.

Also, there was an article in last weeks Saturday Independent (I think) about personal shoppers. They are not affiliated to any one shop so that could be an idea.

Alternatively you could ring around some of the fashion journalists in the Examiner or other Corkonian publication and they could put you in touch with someone who would help.

Good luck! I wish my hubbie would think up something as original.

Some of the large chain stores do it - not 100% sure but think :

next; debenhams; A-wear; all do.

Call a couple of the high street stores and ask them.

There was an article in the Kerryman a few months ago about two sisters who were doing this in Tralee, I think. They might have a clothes shop too, I can't remember it too well. I DO remember though that they were young, goodlooking and appeared very stylish themselves which would suggest that they actually do have a good idea about style. I logged on to Unison to see if I could search the KErryman archives but couldn't find how to do it. Maybe you could give them a ring- I'm sure they'd be able to tell you. Tralee isn't too far from Cork.
If they are that good looking I might get them to give me a "make over". Mrs Purple might not be too happy but fe*k her if she has a problem with me trying to better myself. ;)

Cheers for the replys. Checked out the CMB site and didn't think too much of it. Will follow up on the rest.

Back