Trim Castle Hotel -Bar/Restaurant for Dinner

LM26

Hi, I have checked out menupages and would appreciate further feedback on whether the bar or restaurant in Trim Castle is better foodwise for dinner if anyone has sampled both? Heading there on sat and although the restaurant would have more of a wow impression and seems good value, there is one review that suggests the food is bland.

Thanks for any feedback on either.

I have been there for soup and sandwiches, ans it was nice, it is in a lovely setting though with the castle across the road.

Of all the hotels in Trim that would be my favorite.
P..

pinkybear thanks for feedback, I assume you had the soup in the bar.

I have been to the hotel for a wedding before and am looking forward to returning, as you say the setting is lovely... just not sure whether to book the restaurant for dinner or head to the bar instead :confused:

Hi there, correct we eat in the bar. I suppose it depends on what type of evening you're going for. If you would like it to be kind of special go to the restaurant, or if you feel constrained by finances the bar is very nice too...

Enjoy..
P..

Oh it is a special night but a recent review on menupages said the food was bland in the restaurant. It offers 5 courses for €25 which is good value but the bland comment worries me. Hopefully someone on here has eaten there and can give some feedback, if not, I think I will just go for the restaurant and hope for the best :)

have they any other menu other than the set menu for €25, I would say €25 is great value, but you couldn't expect an amazing meal for that, sus out if there is another menu too.. I checked menu pages and saw only two reviews, do note the not so good review gave 4 stars...

Enjoy .. P..

Yes I'll check with them, definitely wouldnt expect much quality for that price, thats true. Thanks for checking the menupages, didnt realise about the 4 stars, thats good.

Just to report back that I'm glad we went for the restaurant. We had lunch in the bar so was nice to have a change of scene for dinner. We were given just one menu which was the 5 course set menu for €25. Presentation is excellent and service. Starter of salmon was just ok, sorbet was nice but very tangy, main course of chicken was tasty and highlight was toffee pudding dessert. It was good value for what we got and the staff are very friendly. Unfortunately the music from the wedding was very loud in our bedroom but we managed to get asleep thankfully.

Hi there, great to get feedback from the hotel, I am due to visit Trim soon (I went to school there) and when I go there, I meet the girlies for lunch... maybe next time dinner:)...

Back