Trickle Vents in Glass

bantragh

I want to install trickle vents on the actual glass of my conservatory doors (not in the framework!). Anyone know what the process is here, the doors are PVC etc. Mnythanks

You can get glazed in permavents for example see here :[broken link removed]
You will have to remove the glass (if double glazed you will need to replace), reduce in size to allow the permavent to be fitted.
The permavent fits into the frame and the channel in the bottom of the permavent receives the glass. Sounds like job for a pro - I assune you will only be able to get the permavents from a window manufacturer.

Trickle vents are an easier item to fit for a diy'er than a permavent, and a quick visit to a local pvc manufacturer will show how easy its done.

Normally an overhead pvc milling machine roouts a slot in the frame approximately 10mm wide, and whatever length the vent is approximately. The vents are then installed with an external cover vent, and the internal control vent. It is possible to retro fit these, with out routing, basically drilling holes instead. best to get exact fitting details from the supplier.

sabre

Back