Trial Holes Dug in Manure

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

engage

Hi everyone, i'm new to posting here but have been using the boards for research for a long time.

Yes you read the title correctly. My neighbour has decided to build a house on a landlocked site behind my property. My wife and I intend on objecting to planning but we are trying to establish our first observation on the development and if the planning authoruty will take it into account.

The story:
Trial holes and perolation test were initially done and failed due to the soil composition being of clay and with very poor percolation. The holes were dug randomely around two feilds comprising of about 3 acres to find the most suitable site.

My neighbour then hired a second assessor to carry out tests. This time it was a woman (nothing wrong with that) but what baffles me is that she dug shallow holes (P test) next to a slurry pit where manure had been dumped 10-15 years previously.

On first glance the ground looks normal and part of the feild but it is in fact manure to a depth of at least 600mm. My understanding is that
a P test is carried out trial holes less than 400mm deep.

My neighbour even went to the bother of covering the holes overnight in case of rain to ensure the test got passed.

This sounds like the assessor was paid off to pass the test and turn a blind eye. Im pretty confident the 'hole' thing 'stinks' (sorry, couldnt help it)

I intend on objecting to the planning application and
my question is this: Should the percolation test have been passed given the composition of the soil being farmyard manure and due to its close proximity to a slurry pit and farm buildings?

Im sure there wil be more questions than answers as our situation is alot more complicated than I have stated so far.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Engage

a water table test hole 2.0 m deep would also need to be dug so that the assessor can verify for themselves what the make-up of the soil is... was this done?

Thanks for replying sydthebeat.

Yes that was also done in the same area. Several of these holes were dug all over the property and each one failed except for the last one.

The only reason I am questioning it is becuse the first assessor failed the site having dug in the same position and the second assessor passed it.

The planning make their decision on the information that is given to them,If you inform them of your suspicions they should act on it.

I reckon you'll have to come up with better objection to their planning than that one. If you're going to object to something, make sure it’s on several grounds.

The planning make their decision on the information that is given to them,If you inform them of your suspicions they should act on it.

Thanks Mick

magicbeans said:
I reckon you'll have to come up with better objection to their planning than that one. If you're going to object to something, make sure it’s on several grounds.

I have several other valid reasons that i am positive will affect the application. I was just trying to see if this should be included as well.

monascribe18 said:
i think this is a load of bull sith

Yes it is a load of bull.

Thanks for the comments

Engage

Status
Not open for further replies.