Tree with leaves like Sycamore but lighter colour - name?

Mel

I've seen these trees in bloom around lately and they are lovely when placed beside darker colours - the leaves are sycamore shaped, but they are a blend of a paler than normal green and an almost yellow shade. Does anyone know what they are called?

May be Acer Brilliantissimum, a member of the maple family which has a short bloom (usually May) of coral pink that then becomes pale green. If you're in Dublin there's a couple of nice specimens in Stephen's Green by the railings opposite College of Surgeons. Have one planted a few years, a graft- slow growing but rewarding.

I've seen these trees in bloom around lately and they are lovely when placed beside darker colours - the leaves are sycamore shaped, but they are a blend of a paler than normal green and an almost yellow shade. Does anyone know what they are called?

[FONT=&quot]Mel, they are more than likely specimens of Acer palmatum "Aureum".
Look out for the telltale red tinged tips.
Here’s an example of the trees foliage.[/FONT][broken link removed]

I think it's the Brilliantisimum; I can see a pink tinge on the younger leaves, and one of the ones i've seen is actually part normal sycamore leaves, (they are definitely sycamore shape) which looks like the grafting they talk about.. thanks! They are really lovely to look at, especially when planted beside the dark red/copper versions.

Back