Tree removal in Dublin.

Bronco Lane

I have a weeping willow type tree in my garden. About 15' tall.

Can someone recommend someone who will come and cut this down and dispose of.

I am based in Blackrock in Dublin.

Any idea of the approximate cost. I have looked online and found lots of companies but nothing better than a first hand recommendation.

Thanks

A 15' tree is not a monster. You could do this yourself, or get a teenager to do it for you. A bow saw will cost about €10, no need for a chainsaw. Anyone with a woodburning stove would be glad to get the wood.

A 15' tree is not a monster. You could do this yourself, or get a teenager to do it for you. A bow saw will cost about €10, no need for a chainsaw. Anyone with a woodburning stove would be glad to get the wood.

I would consider this to be very dangerous advice. A teenager of all people could have possibly no experience of using a saw especially at a height.

Leave this type of job to the experts IMHO.

There are some previous threads on this subject

I used Shaw tree services some years ago. They took tree and stump so no need for skip. They are based in Palmerstown.

My neighbours recently cut down a bigger tree than OP has (near Blackrock) and got a company called Goodfellers to do it. No association with this company.

You have a weeping willow tree and it is not yet fully grown. It is only a matter of time before it grows higher and spreads its roots which may break up your driveway.

I cut down a weeping willow in our garden last year with a bow saw. It's no big deal, but a bit of work.

Start by cutting off all the branches. Then cut the base leaving about 5 ft length over the ground (this is for leverage later). dig down around the roots removing any wood you encounter. You'll eventually be left with the overground stump connected to what roots are left. Break the underground section with an axe if you can get one as much as you can. Then use the overground stump to lever further breakage and removal.

Probably there will be bits of roots you cannot remove. Pour some car battery acid onto those and eventually the roots remaining in the ground will die.

I would consider this to be very dangerous advice. A teenager of all people could have possibly no experience of using a saw especially at a height.

Leave this type of job to the experts IMHO.

There are some previous threads on this subject
Its a 15ft tree. You wouldnt be using the saw at a height.

Bronco,
Could you send me picture and I might be able to sort you out

A couple of years back I was cutting a very large branch off a tree. I had a piece of rope tied around the branch to help guide it where it fell. My wife was standing about 12' to one side. The branch fell, bounced and the sharp end, shot toward her face, missing her by about 6". If it had made contact it would have either killed her or destroyed her face.

Leave it to the experts. It's not worth it if it goes wrong.

Back