Treadmill problem

T

tobomacdobo

Hi,

My treadmill is about 2yrs old but hasn't been overused. I have a problem with it and was wondering if anyone would know how to fix it. The speed isn't functioning properly. When you set it to a high speed or any speed above the default setting, which is 1.0, it decreases speed itself back to 1.0 after a few seconds. I cannot find any loose wires and treadmill has not fallen or been moved or damaged in any way. Should I dump it or is there a way to fix it without costing more than it's worth?

You certainly shouldn't dump it. The issue may not be so serious. It would be helpful if you could post the make and model, where purchased etc.

It's a Liferunner. Prob an unknown brand. Bought it online but company based in Tipperary. Not getting any help from supplier- won't return calls. The rest of treadmill is perfect as it was only used from time to time.

I think there are quite a few companies who sell excercise equipment but may not be great at providing after sales service. I always think the best thing to do is phone some of the gymnasiums in your area and enquire who services their equipment. Try and see will they look at your threadmill.

Ya already tried the gyms but couldn't get anyone to help me.