travertine stone tiles

Brenno123

hi i sent a post earlier in the week re tiles for a country farmhouse...thanks for replies.

my heart is set on travertine stone tiles (creamy /beige) but i went to look at a few yesterday and while they are exactly what i want they seem to look like they will be a nighmare to maintain.

they actually had quite big holes in them. on the display they seem to grout these holes as well which probably makes them a bit more maintainable.

has anyone bought these tiles and what are their experience?can anyone recommend a nice stone rustic tile that is relevant easy to keep clean/maintain etc. it is a very large space i want to tile.

Hi, we bought the travertine tiles for our kitchen, like you said, they fill in the holes with grouting when they are layed so they are even all over, you just maintain them as you would any other stone floor, wash, sweep etc. Probably one of the more popular tiles in a kitchen, so they can't be too bad to maintain.

Hi,

I have the fired earth italian travertine tiles in the sunroom and they are easy to keep clean - as abbica said the holes are also filed in with grout. There is quite a space between each of my tiles as the edge of the tile is rough and tumble effect also and the grouting is white - if it was for a kitchen I would have tiles closer together and perhaps with a different colour grout as this may discolour in time but I'm sure if it is all sealed properly this should not be a problem.

Btw Do Fab Travertine Flooring Branches All Over Yes You Do Fill In The Grout Make Sure They Are Properly Washed & Dried & Then Sealed

Got travertine stone tiles recently also. The finish on them looks good but they are more expensive to lay as it takes the tiler much longer to lay travertine tiles.

Got travertine stone tiles recently also. The finish on them looks good but they are more expensive to lay as it takes the tiler much longer to lay travertine tiles.
Why does it take longer to lay them?

Because they are real stone and the tile itself has to be grouted. They weigh a lot more than a normal tile also which makes it more difficult to put them on walls and get them to set. It cost me about 25euro per sq yard to have them put in.

Back