Travelling to Uk on Driving License

paulocon

Hi,

Flying to the UK on wednesday and just realised my passport is out of date...

just checking that there aren't any problems travelling to the UK on a driving license...

thanks in advance

No problem with drivers license as long as its in date. Probably a better bet anyway as you never know when you might need to hire a car in an emergency.

elcato,

many thanks for that... i should be ok if so.

better get the passport off for renewal before the summer!

your cutting it tight!

Sunday 4th February 200715:00 GMTWalesvs IrelandMillennium Stadium

No problem at all with using a driving licence for travel on numerous different occasions [had the passport in bag but licence was in pocket from driving so just used that]. However, depending on who you travel with details can be different.

For your own piece of mind check the details with whatever airline you're flying with. If Ryanair or AL you're fine, if one of the others then best to check the website info to be safe.

Satanta,

Flying with Ryanair and they say they accept driving license.
Just checking that there'll be no problem when I arrive over there (i.e. looking for passport).

Thanks,
Paul

In that case, you're fine.

I've flown Ryanair to multiple UK destinations and often (out of lazyness as mentioned above) simply used my licence. You'll have no problems on the UK side, it is a valid and accepted form of id (just that some airlines do require different forms so always best to check [I havn't come across an airline that doesn't accept a DL, but always safer to be on the safe side]).

Ohhhh those ryanair free flights were just too good to pass. I got tickets behind the dugouts. nananana...

[broken link removed] for later on..

You must have got on early for a ticket if you are in the south stand. Nice view from there..

In the North-West quadrant myself - comfy executive seats apparently so might be a bit quiet in there..

Didn't get the free flights myself but they were pretty reasonable..

I normally drink in around the city centre (Waxy's, O' Shea's) myself but might head out to deansgate.. where do you recommend out there?

some of those bars on the deansgate lock are supposed to be decent, the last time I was over, the hacienda was there so i cant speak from experience! I got tickets off a friend who is a season ticket holder (who recommended the deansgate bars). Other then deansgate, its the student bars midweek that should be hopping, Id better use my lancomme moisturizer (for men) I got as an xmas pressie to try and fit in.

Just hoping its not 2-0 after 5 minutes and finishes 2-0.

the legendary hacienda!!! Must have been late eighties?
Stone Roses, Stretford End etc..

It's a different stadium now altogether to be honest.

Like you said, it could be a case of 2 or 3 up inside half an hour and just playing out the rest of the game but you never know, Watford are on a bit of a run..

If you're using web check-in (i.e. no baggage) Ryanair require a passport - they don't appear to accept the drivers licence online (or has someone tried it?)