Travelling To Krakow in February

micksal

Hi
Just looking for any info in regards to travelling to Krakow in February, in particular, having to change currency.Is it best to change it in Ireland before we go or use ATM's when we get there. I see on some sites that states that it is better to wait and change your money in their "Kantors" i.e. exchange shops which are supposed to offer better rates. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Hi There,

Change your money when you get to Krakow using ATM. There are some in the Krakow Airport. Take the train from the Airport to Karkow centre.

There are a few other threads on AAM recently with excellent advice on hotels etc, so you should turn up some good info if you search for Krakow.

Wollran

Hi. I changed a small amount (€10 to pay for train, which btw is only €2 per person) at one of the desks after customs in the arrivals hall at the airport. I used Kantors in town after that. The rate of exchange was much better in town than at the airport (4.05 vs 3.75 to the Euro). No surprise there.
ATMs are good too, but you pay the Irish bank rate plus maybe a fee for using the service per transaction. Changing cash at the Kantors was easy and they're everywhere in the city centre. Sometimes they are dedicated booths but often just a counter in part of a shop.
B

I changed about €100 into zloty before I went to Krakow and then just withdrew the rest of my holiday funds from ATMs in the city. No problems Fabulous place by the way - I would recommend dinner in "Alef" in the Old Jewish Quarter, especially on a night they have a live klezmer band.