Travelling Frequently to the USA

Calendar

Hi, My boyfriend is moveing to NY in January for 3 years. I live in Dublin. I hope to visit him for 1 week every month. What steps should I take now to ensure the NY emigration team allow me into NY every month? I work for a large American company & hope to work remotely from the USA for 4 of those days. Thanks

Many, many moons ago I worked for a US multi-national and was a frequent traveller to the US on work-related trips. With a letter from my employer, I applied for and was granted a multiple entry, indefinite stay, B-1, B-2 non-immigrant visa. I'm not entirely sure these days with Homeland Security and the changed security requirements, but I believe you need something like this that allows you to discharge your duties to your employer while in the US but not to get paid from there. You do not need a work visa AFAIK.

I was advised (by someone who knows about this stuff) to keep the old passport with the visa stamped in it and bring it with me on US trips, which I have done, but have never needed it.