Travelling around Ireland

g1g

Hi,

was thinking of doing a few weeks travelling around Ireland for the summer for a change. I don't want to spend a fortune though but am fond of home comforts so camping etc are out. Can anyone recommend any nice cheap places on the west coast?

Thanks!

how about doolin co.clare. i have been there many times.doolin hotel do specials every now and then.staff are lovely,food is super and kids under 12 free (last time i visit)

don't have kids so don't really want to go to family orientated places as won't be using the facilities.

I did a little bit of this last year and B&Bs worked for me. Gives you a lot of freedom to travel from one to the other and book them along the way.

Mr C and I did a 'heritage site' tour of Ireland a few years ago, and brought a B&B guide with us. We didn't book anything in advance, which gave us the freedom to go wherever we wanted and stay as long as we liked in each place. Most of the B&Bs were excellent - and we rarely went for anything above 3 stars in the guide. It was a great holiday, and one we might do again some year. I can't remember specific places we stayed on the west coast, though.

I would second using a B&B guide, travel between them and you will always spot a few with 'vacancies' signs outside.