Travelgenio / Travel 2 Be - Would you trust them?

Futurelookin

Couldn't find through a search. Looking to hear if anyone has booked through either of the above two intermediaries. Flights to Canada via this crowd (who appear to be one and the same) coming in almost €200 less than Aer Lingus through skyscanner. Airlines are Air Canada and Lufthansa. Going direct to the airline is costly.

When you go through the process it makes clear that you've to select your level of customer service and any non online dealings / cancellation options need to be paid for through a package. Reviews are very mixed.

Any experience positive or otherwise?

TIA

Not a review of the travel agent, but are you comparing like for like?

1. Are Lingus is a direct flight. Your alternative using Lufthansa has a connection.
2. Using that particular agent, by default there is no baggage included in the prices shown.

Not a review of the travel agent, but are you comparing like for like?

1. Are Lingus is a direct flight. Your alternative using Lufthansa has a connection.
2. Using that particular agent, by default there is no baggage included in the prices shown.
Both are direct flights. No baggage included in Aer Lingus economy offering. So like for like as far as I can tell.

Air Canada and Lufthansa are code share partners - it's the same flight. It's operated by Air Canada

Air Transat also fly direct from Dublin - I think they are pretty cheap as well. Might want to give it a look

Thanks everyone. I found a trip advisor forum which was dedicated to how awful they were and they did themselves no favours in their customer service replies. So I lost my nerve and booked via Aer Lingus. Cost me around €110 more in the end (for 4 seats) but peace of mind etc etc. Then I got an email from Aer lingus offering me the chance to 'upgrade myself' by bidding for a business class seat. Minimum bid is €380 over the price of the ticket per person so I didn't do that. Biz class on the flight I took would have been €940 outward flight if I'd paid full price. Bidding €380 on top of a €192 fare would have made it €572 and that's if they accepted the bid. So I didn't do it.

Hi Futurelookin,

I had a similar decision to make in January for flights to Australia with Skyscanner's results showing flights by e-Travel.ie considerably cheaper. Similar to your experience they made it clear that they could not provide any email or phone support if I did not purchase their After sales package. I phoned their Support number to get a feel for them and the lady I talked to was very polite and helpful. I also checked the costs of the flights booked directly with the carrier (British Airways) and they were considerably more expensive.

I booked the cheapest option through eTravel.ie, received one email from them as confirmation (which also touted the After Sales package) and immediately saw my flights added to my itinerary on the British Airways app. All my further interactions were directly with BA over the app i.e. Check-In, Boarding cards etc

This is just my experience going with the cheaper option, it may have been quite different if I had run into issues.

Back