Travelex Money Card won't work

Freedom

While in Heathrow Airport last Friday we bought a Travelex money card with Sterling Pounds putting 50 euros on the card (there are some charges & we were told 49Euro was available on this card). Now back home in the Eurozone the card does not work. At the ATM the pin works okay but asking for an amount less than 50 Euro it says "this amount is not available" all the way down to 40Euro. I have not tried to use it in a shop yet but am unsure about it not working there either. What can I do, without costing more money in telephone calls etc? If anyone has knowledge of how to negotiate this I would be grateful.

Is it possible that the particular ATM only had 50 euro notes, so couldn't dispense anything smaller? Try another ATM which may have smaller denominations

I had a Tremendous prepaid debit card in U.S. Dollars and after only finding one shop that would accept it, it also stopped working in that shop after a few weeks.
My only option was to transfer the balance using Google Pay to top up my Revolut account. Revolut charged me a few euro but it was worth it.
These type off cards can be very problematic despite the promises.
Try Google Pay or Apple Pay.

Back