Travel tips

lynx

hi all
headin to oz next week for a month and just lookin for some essential travel tips that all of you well journeyed people might have i.e.from luggage tips etc...
am a novice any advice much appreciated

Lucky you, enjoy the trip.

Based on my experience, wear plenty of sunscreen there.

pack light. honestly, you will end up dumping stuff if you overpack. You can always buy t-shirts, etc. over there (and they're usually nice Roxy, Billabong tees).

Sunscreen is a great idea. Bring a pump bottle of sunscreen if you can - we had a big 5ltr tub with a pump, and while people laughed at us, it was dead handy. (We got this in Oz)

Australia is cheaper for a lot of things, especially toiletries, etc., so consider buying them over there.

Luggage tips? I'm assuming you have a rucksack if you're backpacking. Make sure it's not a top-loader.

Otherwise, enjoy! I'm jealous too... :)

one thing i find handy is to bring a spare t shirt and underwear, deoderant etc in hand luggage especially on long hauls and the baggage doesnt always turn up when its supposed to. hopefully if u have them u wont need them but its happened me a couple of times so i learned my lesson. enjoy your trip.

1. Get an aisle seat,

2. Many airlines allow prebooking of seats on their website and also an emergency exit row gives you way more leg room if they allow you to book it.

3. If you're going thru Heathrow be sure to read the restrictions before you pack .

4. Identify your luggage with a coloured ribbon or tape. It's amazing how many other people have the same bag.

5. Slow release aspirin tablet will help prevent DVT on long flights.

6.Ipod or similar as you will get bored with the in flight entertainment.

7. If you are not going thru Heathrow take a few bottles of water rather than asking all the time.

8. Avoid seats near the toilet on long haul flights. The smell gets pretty ripe after a few hours.

9.Avoid at all cost middle seats. Worse than going to hell. If you cant get aisle get window.

10. Dont drink large amounts of liquid before boarding. Some pilots fly for over an hour before turning off the seat belt signs and these days the flight attendants just will not tolerate you ignoring the sign no matter how desperate you are. However drink plenty non alcoholic liquids on the flight.

thanks to you all some great tips there cant wai,
the adrenalain of mayo winning yesterday and my trip tomorrow its all too much
oz here i come

Back