Travel insurnce claim vhi

dymo

Maybe some one can help me. I have had VHI travel insurance for a number of years this year we have had to put a claim in as i could not travel due to Vertigo.We were Due to travel on the the 15th of september my doctor signed that i could not travel on the 12 sept.So i filled out all my insurance form and sent everything off they rescived everything on 17/18 of september.On the cover letter we rerscived it says we should hear from them in 2 weeks. I contacted them 2 weeks later to be told that it would be another 3-4 weeks as they had a high number of Claim to be assessed.I have rang them again to day and have been told the same story, they are working on a back log and they will get to it and if the need more infomration they will contact me surley if they needed more information they would have been on to me at this stage.If it was olny a few hundered i would not be so worried about it but it is quite a large sum of money that is outstanding..My qustion is there a certain time frame that insurance claims have to be looked at? and is there anything that i can do i have spoken to 2 mangers there and i am getting the same story with them they have a high volum of claims and are looking at them.I am again insuraed with them for hoildays next year and i am very worried again if something should happen if we were abroad or before we go is it going to be the same thing or can anyone recommend a good insurnace company to me.

Thanks