travel insurance

krabik

what are the benefits of gettign travel insurance if heading to the USA for 3 weeks

do i need health insurance as well, someone said if i go to hospital that travel insurance will cover it

and finally where good to go to get it, preferably on the phone or face to face in case i gto questions

thanks paddy
www.chupasart.com

One should travel nowhere without travel insurance. Travel insurance covers health - cover varies so read the benefits and terms & conditions. Are you in VHI or Quinnhealth (Bupa)? If so, it is of benefit when looking for a quote. There are many companies covering travel insurance, getcover.com, justcover.com, 123.ie ebookers, AIB, etc etc. Make sure you (1) get worldwide to cover USA (2) read what is covered. As I said they vary. There are several threads on this site covering travel insurance. It would be worthwhile doing a search and reading the various comments.

There are lots of existing threads on travel insurance. You probably should take cover out even if you already have private health insurance and your credit card booking may offer some cover.

Back