Travel Insurance

phoenix

Hi

We are travelling to France later this year and also have another couple of trips planned abroad.

Would we be better taking out travel insurance to cover the year or just do it each trip?

If yearly, where do you go to get a quote?

Thanks

P

I find it's better to take out insurance that will cover me for the year, better value.
Last year i got it from my health insurer, it was a very competitive quote. The years before I had gotten it from Justcover.ie. There are a couple of other providers out there, best to get a quote from a few, read the terms carefully then decide which one suits you best.

It was €48 last year, that covered multitrip worldwide insurance. My health provider is Quinn Healthcare. For previous years it was about €35-€40 I think, for Europe and ski cover.

Last edited:
VHI Multi trip is 49 per year. I'd definitely go for the multi-trip rather than individual policies for each trip.

annual insurance with insure.ie was 79.50 euro for a family of 5 and that included worldwide and ski holidays. glad to say i never had to claim so cant comment on that.

I came across a website lately www.uchoose.ie that compares a lot of the insurance companies on the market. I currently have my travel insurance with multitrip.com as they were half the price of vhi last year.

Thanks to all. Decided on VHI, €95 for the year for family of four. Not the cheapest but the best to suit us we felt.

Many thanks for all your help

P

Back