Travel Insurance (Summer Holiday)

F

fn211349

Hi we recently booked a holiday with Thomas Cook and they offered us travel insurance @ €35 a head for the trip. Thinking I could do better online (because I’ve heard insurance costs very dramatically) I declined and decided to post this thread to see if anyone can advise me on ways to save money. I have my European Health Insurance Card (E111).So can any of you guys help me save a few € on travel insurance...?

My advice - Google travel insurance and contact get quotes fomr a number of companies.

VHI seem reasonable value for annual multi trip insurance, thats who I went with after doing a lot of searching on the web.. Really need to check that fine print.

If you have VHI/BUPA/VIVAS cover remember to find a provider that gives a discount for your existing health insurance policy. I found AIB to the cheapest for my partner and myself - 61 euro for an annual worldwide policy (excluding winter sports). Eagle Star and AA quoted around 140 for the same but then they don't offer the VHI/BUPA/VIVAS discount; so shop around.

GetCover gave the best quote for me for the cover that I needed (family worldwide annual multi-trip) last time I renewed. Always check the terms & conditions of the policy document and not just the premium when shopping around. Different policies offer different levels of cover as well as different premiums.