Travel Insurance query - broken foot

Johnboy45

We are currently booked to travel long haul holiday in July - leaving aside the possibility we can't travel due to the pandemic. My partner is travelling on same tickets and same travel insurance policy but broke his leg and will be wearing a medical boot until at least the day before travel (ie 6 weeks) and advised to use crutches for another 2 weeks after that. Any thoughts would VHI travel insurance normally cover a cancellation of this trip, ( I'll contact them on Monday, just wondering if anyone has prior experience of this)

He is choosing not to go as opposed to being advised that he can't travel. so it won't be covered.

If you can get a letter from a doctor certifying an inability to fly, this should be sufficient evidence for an insurance company. Of course knowing that insurance companies will do almost anything to weasel their way out of their obligations, nothing can be guaranteed (except happily take your premium).

Still waiting for a callback from them. Flying will be uncomfortable for sure but the holiday cannot continue as planned wont be able to walk & hike as planned. Although I'd guess travel insurance companies dont really care about that.

If you can get a letter from a doctor certifying an inability to fly, this should be sufficient evidence for an insurance company. Of course knowing that insurance companies will do almost anything to weasel their way out of their obligations, nothing can be guaranteed (except happily take your premium).

Devils in the detail..................i.e. read the policy wording before you buy the cover!

Still waiting for a callback from them. Flying will be uncomfortable for sure but the holiday cannot continue as planned wont be able to walk & hike as planned. Although I'd guess travel insurance companies dont really care about that.

No they don't, as there are likely plenty of other things you could do. And they only cover your travel and disruption of that. Not lack of enjoyment. That's extra!

Back