Travel Insurance on Working Holiday Visa

K

Kmb771

I have been living in Ireland since the middle of May on a Working Holiday Visa, I am from New Zealand. I am going to Egypt for a month in October and need to take out travel insurance but am unsure which company I can go through. Can I use an Irish company or do I have to find a NZ company who will let me take out a policy even though I've left the country? Most policies only cover Irish 'residents'.
Any info would e greatly appreciated, thanks.

you should be covered in ireland as you are technically resident having lived here for 5 months. This is the way some of the UK insurance companies see it. Try blue insurance

Wouldnt necessarily agree with you on that one! Since when did 5 months in a country make someone a resident? Especially as the op has said they are here on a working holiday visa!!

KMB771, did you not take out travel insurance for the year to get here in the first place? Problem being that you wont find a company to cover you when you've already left the country as you seem to know.

I didn't get travel insurance for this year as I have just spent 2 years on a UK WHV, got my Irish one while I was still over here so haven't been in NZ for nearly 3 years.
Thanks for the replies anyway, I guess I'll just keep looking.

peteb, im well aware what a resident is, there are a number of insurance companies in the UK willing to treat you resident for insurance purposes if you have lived there for 6 months