Travel insurance "mandatory" ?

Caveat

Noticed in the small print of an e-ticket just received that it is "a condition of the booking that you take out adequate holiday insurance".

Obviously it's recommended, but they appear to be suggesting that it is compulsory: what does this statement amount to - theoretically could I be asked to produce evidence of this insurance?

I would not travel overseas without travel insurance; if you don't have then I strongly suggest that you spend the money now rather than be injured/fall sick or whatever and find that you can't afford to pay the bills - which can be very expensive.
Don't know about costs in Ireland, but here in England you can get a 12 month worldwide insurance for about £150. You may also have it included with your bank account as I do.

if you have medical insurance ie vhi, bupa etc you can get 12 month annual cover for two for as little as €55 with a number of companies. because of sheer laziness I just take out vhi annual multi trip policy which cost €69 for two. The main reason is that if anything does happen (fingers crossed) one hand will know what they other hand is doing. if you don't have medical insurance its around €40 per person for multi trip policy. (multi trip usually = as many trips as you like as long as they dont exceed 60 days at one time and 180 over the whole year)

Back