Travel Insurance for OAPs

roker

I hate buying travel insurance, first you get a quote, Pay it , and then phone up the health screening department who you tell your problems (if any) they tell you that you are not covered for certain problems and ask for more money.
I asked one company last week why I need this health cover? When I have a European health card and a Medical Card, No other company told me, but the answer, we are covered for health and just take insurance out for the other things like cancelled flights lost luggage etc.

It would appear the companies are on the make, a crazy thing that happened last year to myself was; I have no other problems other than I suffer from SADs and take anti-depressant, one company said that they would have to charge extra to cover this, another company point blank refused me cover, even though it has never caused me any problem for years, I told them, as it was SADs, when I go to the sunshine it will go away anyway. My wife who has Diverticulitis, had a Thyroid operation, is on high blood pressure medication, was not charged any excess.

Does anyone know of a decent company for 70 year old people?

Hi I think you were being unnecessarily honest when you said you had Sad. This is not like a heart condition for eg. You will not get a sudden attack of Sad and have to get urgent treatment in a hospital which this insurance is meant to cover. Dont mention stuff like that as they will only squeeze more premium from you and what kind of claim could you ever make arising from that condition ? Also it is not an uncommon thing for people to suffer from. I would bet you are the first person ever to declare it on an insurance form.

I told them they were excluding half the country. But if i dont declare my medication my insurance could be void