Travel Insurance for 17 year old.

maelduin123

My seventeen year old son is traveling to Germany for two weeks in August. He will travel there with his friend ,who is also seventeen, and stay with his friends aunt for two weeks. I am having difficulty arranging travel insurance for him as he is under eighteen years. Any suggestions please? Thank you.

Have you done a Google search for 'travel insurance under 18' - it might throw something up.

Here's one for ACE insurance [broken link removed]

Thanks Papercut. Did the google search to no avail! Ace Insurance states they must be over 15 years and under 17 years! Will keep looking.

Hi Maelduin,

Are you sure? If you click on the question mark beside ''Standard'' on the page that I linked to above, it says:

Traveller or Young Traveller?

If you are 18 years old or more, you can buy our Traveller Insurance.
If you are between the ages of 15 and 17, you will need our Young Traveller Insurance. You can choose this by clicking on the Under 18 years tab. This will automatically take you to the right product. Young Traveller Insurance is designed to allow a parent or legal guardian to buy cover on behalf of a traveller who is older than 14, but younger than 18.

[broken link removed]

Back