Travel Insurance - Australia

DOS19

Hey I am travelling to Australia at the end of the month returning after spending 34 days there. I have Annual Multi - Trip Holiday Insurance cover with ACE Travel Insurance. This policy was offered through AIB and takes account of VHI Cover(Plan B in my case) which makes it attractive. However, I had a glance at the policy and it only covers trips up to 30 days in length which would appear to rule out my trip.

Accordingly, i would appreciate any suggestion as to where on the Net I can get a wide - ranging once-off insurance policy for this trip.

Thanks

www.123.ie offer travel insurance (through ACE from memory, so probably/possibly similiar cover to which you already hold) which may be suitable. Different options available depending on the length of trip etc. (backpacker cover to Australia 6 to 9 months is available, but you can request a quote for a holiday trip over 30 days [probably much cheaper]. Do check the Ts&Cs to be sure it's the cover you require).

Hibernian used to offer decent travel insurance. It's a while since I used it, but from memory, it was easily the most comprehensive. Although not the cheapest, it was still quite competitive.