Travel directions via Claregalway

cappamj

Hi I have to trravel using the N17 to the Bons in Galway 4 times a week for treatment, yesterday my trip too 4.5 hours to get there via the Headford road detour.
My question is-- can I turn off at the Mystical Rose nursing home ? if yes any directions would be a great help as it will be dark when I'm using the road.
thanks in advance

the only real alternative is to travel from Tuam > Galway is via the Tuam>Athenry Road...but there are long tailbacks (45 minutes) on the Athenry>N6 Road due to some ill-timed roadworks

thank you , where do I turn off for the Athenry road, 45 mins is better than 4.5 hours and 3 of them were spent on the Headfort road

Don't even think of going there. Cregmore Cross is still flooded. Galway - Monivea may be open now, but may flood again, so if you are coming from Athenry, you could be in trouble. You should go to Clarinbridge from Athenry, and approach Galway from the south. Look on the AA website, or ring them. However, the way the water is in Galway at the moment, every place is liable to flooding.

Last edited:
Turn off the N17 at Tuam to take the Tuam>Athenry R347 - goes nowhere near cregmore cross. Not on CC OF Gbfm flood list as of 4pm today.
From Athenry - take the R348 and the N6 to Galway

Back