Travel Department trip to Zermatt, St Moritz & Lake Como

Perplexed

Wondering if anybody had ever taken this trip.
Tripadvisor give an awful write up to the final hotel which is Grand Hotel Cadenabbia. Would love to hear views from personal experience.

I have never used them and never stayed in that hotel but friends of mine have used them and find them to be spot on, the only problem is the early flight from Dublin Airport.

Try and price the trip as a DIY holiday using public transport. Remember hotels price rooms on a room basis and not as a per person basis. Travel agents will charge you per person. By doing it yourself you choose your own timetable and not the tour guides timetable.

Thanks for replies. I'm sure it would be cheaper as a DIY but I just feel like company on this one & relaxing and letting others do all the work. Normally I travel alone but for this trip the single supplement is €99 which seems quite reasonable.
I have no problem with early morning starts or other peoples company but I'm concerned that this hotel doesn't sound the best.

Several people who went to the Hotel Cadenabbia with the Travel Department have reviews on trip advisor and as far as I remember most were happy enough with it. A lot of the criticism is from yanks and they tend to be over critical. I am watching the reviews because I hope to go to Lake Como in October.

Back