Travel Bag retailers in Dublin

Kine

Hi,

I will soon be doing a fair bit of back and forth between Dublin/London. As such, I'm looking at investing in a decent bag that I can bring on teh plain as hand luggage.

I suppose there are two stles I'd think of getting:

1) the traditional wheely one with handle that you can drag along behind you; or
2) one that will hold suits witout the need to vacuum pack them!

Anyone have any ideas on where is best to get a decent one, or if there's a better type to get for some frequent travelling?

Cheers,

K

(hope this is the right forum!)

I was looking for luggage myself recently and was impressed by some of the luggage that Argos have for sale. I'm sure some of their gear is crap, but they have a range of luggage by a manufactruer called "Antler" and their luggage is of pretty high quality at a good price from what I've seen.

Most of their products come with a 5 year guarantee and some with 7 years. I purchased one of their holdall bags and am well pleased. It's far better than some of the similar bags I looked at in shops for over 100 euro and it
cost less than 40 quid. Some brand names are taking the pi$$ with flimsy bags at ridiculous prices.

Antler have a good range of products aswell, you can probably see them on the online catalogue. I know some people don't like shopping in Argos so maybe it's not for you, but just though I'd tip you off. No affiliation just a happy customer.

Dont bother with the suit-bag or number (2) as you have above, as some if not all airlines insist on putting this into oversize baggage. There is a wheely version that has a seperate compartment for shirts and also takes a laptop, cant remember the name though.

Bought Antler and had a problem with one of the cases not opening even with the right code. Antler refused to do anything about it saying we put the wrong code in. Apart from that they are fine. Since bought Delsey and no bother.

Ryanair have started selling a Samsonite suitcase that meets their carry-on baggage requirements. Was reviewed in the Irish Times (I think) last week - seems good (apart from the colours being a bit Ryanair-ish) - capacious and sturdy and has Samsonite guarantee. Costs €80, free delivery but can only be purchased while booking a flight.

I was also looking for a cabin bag. Found an excellent site " therightsizecabinbag.com" solved all my problems. the bags are just the right size and come in loads of funky colours! Got it delivered and all for 49.99 plus p+p which really suited my pocket! hope this helps you!
Emma

Back