Transport from Disney World to Universal Studios for Non Drivers

kellyr4

My wife and I are travelling to Florida next month. We are staying in the Disney Carribean Beach Resort. We would like to go to Universal Studios on of the days. Since we are both Provisional Licence holders we cant rent a car over there.

I have done some research and it seems that our only options are a taxi (at approx $60 each way) or to get a chauffeur driven car (at approx $80 roundtrip)

Just wondering if there are any alternatives to these at a cheaper price such as a shuttle service.

I realise that it would not be in Disney World's interest to provide a shuttle service to Universal Studios.

Yep we stayed in Disney and didn't hire a car. We went into Orlando several times by getting a bus from the transportation centre into International Drive (stop at Seaworld) and getting either a bus or I trolley down into Orlando centre. It took about an hour and a half maybe but it was cheap and easy to negotiate. Sorry I can recall the bus numbers but anyone around should be able to point you to the right ones. If you take the Lynx bus into I Drive the same ticket may work as you can transfer within an hour I think?

Here is how to get from a Disney Resort to Universal the cheapest way:

1: Take WDW free transportation to DownTown Disney
2: Take Lynx bus 50 from there to Sea World. 20 minutes journey time; frequency every 30 minutes.
3: Take Lynx bus 8 from Sea World to Sand Lake Rd/I-Drive intersection. 20-25 minutes journey time; frequency 10-15 minutes
4: Take Lynx bus 21 from there right to to Universal Studios. 20 minutes journey time; frequency every 30 minutes
Cost is $1.50 per person each way on Lynx regardless of distance. Pay just once as you board the first bus, ask for a "transfer" and then use this when you board the next buses. The whole trip could take up to 2 hours - maybe you will meet somebody at your accommodation who drives and would give you a lift, otherwise maybe stop at Seaworld for a while and continue from there.

P.S. All the buses mentioned in the above post do run late-ish. In this particular case, the limiting factor is bus 50 on your return journey - the last one leaves SeaWorld for Disney at 10.10 pm, so you can comfortably stay at Universal until probably 9ish.