Transmit DVD signal to TV

DesignA

I have a flatscreen tv on wall with only co-axial lead attached behind. i want to place dvd player away from tv in press unit. how can i transmit the signal through co-axial to the tv. i have heard i need a dvd video recorder is what i need, is this correct?

A wireless AV transmitter is probably what you need. Two boxes, a transmitter that you connect to your DVD player (you can also connect regular TV antennae, vcr or games console) and a reciever that you connect to the TV. The signal is wirelessly transmitted to the TV. You will probably need a power supply for the receiving unit but it will be neater.

You can pick them up in Argos:
http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/catalogId/1500002201/partNumber/9004296.htm
or most electrical / TV stores. There would allow you to have the DVD player / sky box in another room if you needed to.

DVD recorder will do nothing to solve that issue. You could buy a transmitter/receiver as in the above post, or get a modulator to take the RGB output from the DVD player and convert it to RF and feed that along the coax cable.

[broken link removed] one from Maplin would do the trick while also feeding your existing aerial signal through as well.
Leo

DesignA, what are you trying to achieve here?
Do you want to position the DVD player some distance away from the TV or do you want to minimise cables going to the TV?

[broken link removed] one from Maplin would do the trick while also feeding your existing aerial signal through as well.

I had a similar requirement last year (convert RF Out to SCART) and went through 3 of those Maplins units before returning it for a refund.

Also, bear in mind that AV sender/receivers means a loss of quality, which would be noticeable on a flatscreen TV.

Assuming your DVD player and TV both have SCART, then a long length of that cable would be another option. Against that, the cable is think and could be, for you, unsightly.

hi,
i want to minimise cables going to the TV. i don't want to have to place the DVD player on a shelf underneath the flatscreen.

On reading your post again, I realise that you're trying to get the DVD signal through a co-axial cable. DVD recorders are similar to VCRs in that they take a co-axial input for the TV signal and some probably would have a similar output to the TV. But I'm not sure if it just takes the TV signal through the co-axial and requires a scart for the DVD output.

Back