Transmission ?

B

Benito

My brother and I applied for probate on our father's estate which consists of a house value 315, he made no will and had no bank accounts. My brother is looking after this as he is the youngest and the other familt members agree he should get the house as this was an unwritten wish my father had. We spoke to Revenue and I think we were advised to apply for 'transmission;? What we want to do is remove my mothers name (who died 5 years ago) and my fathers name off the house and have my brother's put on. Anyone know how much this might cost. Thanks.

It is not possible to offer any idea of the cost of dealing with this issue. It is too vague. There may be all sorts of hidden issues.

It sounds as if your brother is going to deal with the Grant of Administration, you will all disclaim your interest in your fathers estate, there may be issues with your mother's estate also and then you all want to vest the property into your brothers name.

You really need to talk to a good local solicitor who will advise you on what steps to take and the approx. cost of so doing having elicited all relevant information from you.

mf

thanks for that. We thought that once mam had died and her will we thought that everything went to dad and then the family.

Please edit the thread title as explained in the link that I posted or this thread will be closed.