Transitting through Zurich airport tips?

shesells

Am flying to France via Zurich on Swiss next month...it's an airport I've never been through and I was wondering if anyone had any advice/tips?

I know Switzerland are part of Schengen but that's really only of benefit to me on the return leg as I won't have to go through passport control arriving in Zurich from France but I will have to arriving from Dublin.

Zurich is very easy to transit through ... very nice "little" airport (not really little but it feels little) ... It's all in one terminal with the exception of the new E (and F?) Gates which are a short transit ride away .. they're mostly used for long-haul flights so probably won't be an issue for you. The terminal has been substantially renovated (though some of the gate areas are a little old as they haven't got to all of them yet) .. I've never had much of a problem with passport control or security queues any time I've transited through ZRH .. In general it feels well organised .. only downsides I can think of is that it's a bit prone to weather delays and they're quite fond of Bus gates (though not as bad as Frankfurt)

If you've got lounge access with Swiss their lounges are very nice - if not the general councourse area has a decent selection of good (but expensive) restaraunts, bars and shops

Thanks for that, will have lounge access on the way out. Won't have time on the way back as 45 min connection.

If you're travelling on Swiss you probably won't get to the E gates area. You'll probably come in to A or B and transit quite easily to your next Swiss flight.
Zurich is a nice airport to transit through, very modern and efficient at moving people. And you get the chance to buy Duty Free too (outside EU), if that's your thing.