Transfers from Naples to Sorrento

joer

Hi

I would be grateful for any information as to the best mode of transfer from Naples Airport to Sorrento.I am not going to hire a car. Is the Curreri bus an option or any other buses.Or is there a train that will take us there. And are they expensive.

Thanks.

That is a great link! Not able to make use of the info now, but will safe it for another day. We were in Sorrento a few years ago & stayed the night in Naples - not something I would do again to be honest, the waiter advised me not to wear any jewelleryas he said "they take" - we got the bus in from the airport. The next morning we got a taxi, to the port to get the jetfoil to Sorrento, we paid the hotel & they arranged it - the taxi driver was not happy we'd paid thru the hotel & drove like a lunatic to the port - swearing at the top of his voice for the few minutes it took us to get there (I don't have much Italian but it was easy to work out!). He kept offering to drive us to Sorrento & when we wouldn't he wanted us to get out! After all that we loved our trip & the Amalfi Coast was just beautiful. Just a little note about Sorrento, down by the harbour there is/was a small bar which had loads of photos of Sophia Loren when she filmed there - if you're interested in that kind of thing.

Thanks Petermack and Harry for your replies, they will be of great help..

Back