Transferring Stg from Ireland to Scotland

Daddy

Hello,

My son is starting University in Scotland in September.

I want to abe able to pay his on campus accomodation over 9 monthly instalments.

What is the cheapest way for me to do this to avoid charges for each transfer.

I bank with Danske.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Have a look at transfermate.com Haven't used them myself but they're exchange rates are better than getting a bank draft.

A friend of mine who had a son attending college in England, happened to find an English parent of a daughter in Trinity.

They paid each other's fees directly in their own currency, thus avoiding bank charges and exchange rate fees.

It wouldn't be that easy to find, but there are a lot of UK students attending Trinity in particular.

Brendan

You should be able to make EUR payments to Scotland. No charge for the EUR payment, but the receiving party may have conversion charges. Talk to the college ?

You can transfer from a Bank of Ireland account to a UK account in Sterling without incurring any charges to the sender or receiver. Its not widely known but its the best value I know to send over money to the UK. The exchange rate is about the same as you get over the counter but somtimes a bit better. I think you just need to get the IBAN number of the UK account.
Transfermate gives you a better rate than the banks but there are charges unless you're transferring large amounts.

Transferwise should be able to do what you want for €1/£1 a go with market exchange rates. You can send cash to a UK bank account with a reference of your choosing. Currencywise should do the same too.