Transferring photos direct from camera to memory stick

Scotty

Anyone know of an adaptor that will let me tranfer files directly from my digital camera to a memory stick, without needing a PC?

thanks,

J.

I suspect your best bet (i.e. cheapest/most portable solution) is simply to buy some extra memory cards. You can buy them astonishingly cheaply online nowadays, compared to even a year ago - up to 1Gb for <€60. Tell us what your camera uses, or what make/model it is, and I'll post a recommendation.

USB memory sticks aren't generally powered, so even if you could physically adapt the male USB connection to your camera, I can't see how you'd get the pix to 'cross over'... 'though I'm open to correction on this! A card reader would also require connection to a PC (or to a powered external drive).

[Edit: In case I don't get time to post back, have a look at [broken link removed] and http://www.svp.co.uk/acatalog/memcards.html. Or try eBay...]

There is a device for this purpose. I cannot remember the name but I saw it on sale in Spain, I mimagine it should be in one of the large computer stores in Ireland or maybe online (). It is a device the size of a cigarette packet, had 2 AA batteries installed and could connect to 2 USB devices and transfer between them, without being connected to a PC. It was on sale for around 20euro, definetly a cheaper option if your camera uses the more expensive storage cards like the Memory Stick. A 1GB USB stick is usually cheaper than the other memory cards.

Back