transferring money to a canadian bank

M

martinag1

Im moving to Canada soon and i wish to transfer money. I was living in Canada before and opened a bank account there which is currently open. Now id like to be able to transfer money electronically from my BOI account to my canadian account.Is there any way to do this ??

Hi Martinag1,
should be. In last year I've transferred US$500 and $700 to small mid-west bank in Michigan, USA, from my a/c in Ulster Bank to mother-in-law's a/c in Michigan. For both the fee was about €12.70. Not sure about fee structure - may be flat fee of say €5 plus percentage of total amount. Ring BoI is best bet.

Hi Martinag1,

Yeah it's no problem. You'ill need the IBAN number of your account and the name and address of your bank in Canada.

I sent some money over to a relative in Canada recently with no problems. I did it through Bank of Ireland. If you plan to make a number of transfers, then I would suggest that you ask your branch to give you a few of the transfer application forms, so that you can just post in the forms when you need to do a transfer.

If you are transfering more than $20k then make sure that your branch contact BOI global markets, they will be able to give you a a better rate than the branch.

Hi, When I moved to Canada last year I was told the following by bank of Ireland:
Send details in letter + signature to your local brank with the following details:

- Say to convert the funds to Canadian dollars
- Provide your Name and Address in Canada
- Routing Code of Bank in Canada
- Account Number in Canada
- Say it is an international transfer
- CONTACT PHONE NUMBER
- All your Irish account details

The cost is:
.2% of total cost min EUR8.85

Hope this helps, Just call your branch and ask the same question - they should be able to give you all the same info

Michelle

mMy sister lives in canada and i have transferred money to her on several occasions. it does cost that bit more when transferring money to a country outside of the eu, well from what i can remember anyway. i have even transferred money to the us. it costs me roughly 12.70 (euro) for the transfer and that is on top of the amount i send. i hope this is of help to you.

Alex.

Back