Transferring investment property into Pension

beekeeper

Hi

I have a property valued at 300k with a mortgage of 250k and my wife has a property valued at 250k with a mortgage of 400k. Both properties are currently rented and we are renting a separate property. Due to the above we are struggling to get a mortgage.

I am self employed and have a SSA pension with c.300K in it.

Would it be possible for my pension to buy my property which would pay off the mortgage and leave the property "at arms length" in my pension ?

Any advice woud be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Not a pension person but I understand you can't sell anything to your own pension fund. Why not sell it to someone else and get your pension to buy something else?

Under Revenue rules your Pension fund cannot buy an asset you already own. It would be a breach of the "arms length" rules.

You have property of €550k with mortgages of €650k

So forget the financial engineering. You should not be condsidering buying another property which would increase your exposure to the property market and to interest rates.

You need to assess both investment properties separately. As they are both on cheap trackers , they are probably very profitable and are worth keeping.

You should set out all the figures in a case study format to get some more comprehensive advice.