Transferring credit card

Deliah

Can I have some advise on transfering my cc (€5000) from MBNA please. I want to have interest free for about 6 months and then I will be able to start paying it off at about €200/300 a month and maybe the odd chunk here and there. I have had the MBNA Gold card for nearly 2 years.

Thanks in advance

Bank of Scotland offer a good offer- 6 months interest free at the start and 9.5% interest.

I moved over to them and transfered my deby off by BOI card onto the BOS card. They arranged it all for me.

Give them a call they will talk you through it.

Think PTSB also offer 6 months free interest at the start.

(no connection with BOS by the way!)

Hi Bobby1
How long did it take to get BofScotland card sorted out, from first contact?
Did you apply over phone or mail?

Just curious as am in the process and need to transfer balance on other cc asap.

Many thanks

Fauve

Hi Bobby1
How long did it take to get BofScotland card sorted out, from first contact?
Did you apply over phone or mail?

Just curious as am in the process and need to transfer balance on other cc asap.

Many thanks

Fauve

Hi Fauve,

It takes a few weeks to sort out because you need to send a copy of your passport and utility bills to them for anti money laundering legislation. I think i got mine in about two or three weeks. One other thing as well, i had €1500 on another card that i wanted to transfer over but the Credit limit they gave me was only €500 as my income is quite low, therefore you would want to be earning over €35000 for them to give you a credit limit of €5000. Good Luck anyway!

Jockey

Hi Jockey
Thanks for that info.
I sent all that stuff off with the original application.
Hoping I hear from them this week. Blurb said I would get a reply one way or another within ten days.
Thanks again.
Fauve

Back