Transferring Cash between Banks

jacobean

I want to transfer 15k from my AIB account to my Anglo account. The maximum I can transfer using online banking is 5k per day. I called into my branch and was told I can either pay for a "same day value transfer" (Inter-Bank fee of €25.00) or go to the "kiosk" and transfer a max of 5k per day? Can anyone confirm if this is correct? I assumed the online daily limit is for my security but thought I would be able to transfer more if I called into my branch.

Do banks now not accept inter-bank transfers - I'm sure they did in the past??

Apologies if this informaiton is elsewhere on the site - I did a search but didn't come up with results relating to my query.

Thanks, Jacobean

You could call in to your branch and send the money through the clearing system. If you initiate the transfer on Day1, it should be in the target account on Day3 (where Days1, 2 & 3 are bank working days).

Thanks Tarfhead - I was in my branch when I asked, perhaps I asked the question the wrong way or perhaps the teller misunderstood but either way I was told I either had to pay for it or was limited to 5k per day. I think the kiosk she referred to was them letting me sign on to internet banking which I could have done without visiting the bank. I've used the "contact us" on the AIB website and hopefully will get an answer.
Regards, Jacobean

Well there is the old fashioned way, which is fastest - just inform your AIB branch that you want to withdraw 15k - go there and bring it to Anglo and lodge it - same day transfer!

Or write a cheque.
I was told recently that its a pure sign that I'm a culchie, cos I always have my cheque book in my bag.
You never know when you'll need to buy a heifer!
Cheques are great!

Back