transfering boi visa to mbna..

thaiaddict

Hi all,
recently got approved for cc transfer to mbna at 1.9 for 6 months in new year. Want to clear my boi visa of e3000 19%. Any tips or advice on anything to be wary of. Paid stamp duty with boi in april this year.

P.s checked cc acount online just now and they have just upped my limit to 4000.
Never even told me....what a cheek!!

The stamp duty you paid to BoI in April was for the year previous to that. If you close
your BoI credit card now they'll take another 40 euros from you before closing the account.

You'll need to get a letter of closure from BoI and give it to MBNA so that MBNA don't
also charge you another 40 euros in April 2007.

[soap box]
This is more complicated than it needs to be. The government should either scrap the CC TAX
altogether or pro rata link the amount to the number of months of the year the card is held.
[soap box end]

Watch out for MBNA

Their costs are very high for going over your limit and their approach to people with arrears problems used to be very aggressive. I have heard that they have toned down their aggression in recent times, but I would avoid MBNA.

Brendan

cheers guys,

I agree with you GZ(dig the name) about the stamp duty..it at least should be reduced

Back