Transfer Money with bank gurantee

j_unaid

Hi All,

I need an advice recently i send 1550£ bank transfer to one of the UK bank as i had deal for buying computer the person is not responding and i lost it.

I being told that bank do the service once i pay the money into the bank account bank will hold and certify the money is in account one i will receive goods the bank will realise the money to seller.

I am not to sure what this service called as i check with AIB they said no

Hi j_unaid,

some questions for you
1) Who told you that the bank would provide a guarantee?
2) Was the guarantee to do with you receiving the computer? Or was it to do with the seller receiving the money?
3) How did you arrange the purchase?
4) Was it a private individual you were buying the computer from?
5) Did you transfer the funds to the sellers account?

I think unfortunately you have been ripped off, or more bluntly - robbed. Banks won't usually hold a straightforward transfer to a personal account insofar as I know and unless you arranged it with the banks in question, I doubt very much so that it would have happened.

Hi ,
1) I being told by my friend that bank provide a guarantee ( As i came to know when i already transfered the money into the seller account.
2) There was no bank involve between this transcation
3) As i bought with him before over ebay and second this without ebay
4) private individual
5) yes directly.

As i know i lost the money but for future reference i need to know is any bank actually do this

The service you are talking about is escrow.

It's done lots in the states, but I don't know of an Irish company that does it.

I hate to be negative but it would seem to me quite possible that this person has basically stolen money from you. The previous purchase may have been to establish trust, especially if it was for something relatively small. It may be worthwhile giving this person a negative rating on eBay and possibly contacting either the Gardaí or the UK police and reporting the matter.

Back