Transcripts

know it all

When you appeal a case to the supreme court how important is it that the transcript of the case is accurate in detail?

Very.

if the transcript is NOT accurate, then it is not a transcript!

Stenographers attend the High Court and once you pay their fees, they will send you the documentation.

The following is my experience with a court transcript - Last year an order was made by a High Court Judge to get the transcript of a case he heard over 4 years previously. I paid a stenographer company over a couple thousand euros for the transcript. They sent me the transcript citing it was "very old and the audio was extremely bad". I asked for my money back but was refused. The Judge made a court order for me to take the transcript. I refused and instead sued the stenographer for my money. Before the case came to court I asked for the audio to be brought to court. Guess what, they settled the case out of court.

What has happened here?????

"very old and the audio was extremely bad"

How can a four year old transcript be considered very old.

Was the court told what the stenographer had said about the transcript?

Was the court told what the stenographer had said about the transcript?

Yes. A copy letter was handed up to the Judge. I was ordered to take it anyway. This was the same Judge that presided over the case 4 years ago. Thing is when I looked for my money back from the stenographer after the first transcript, I was sent another transcript. A cross examination by this Judge was not included in the first transcript for some reason.

:confused:

Back