Trains from France to Spain

moneyhoney

Hi,

Does anyone know of a website where I can book train tickets from France to Spain & also around Spain - we're not under 26 & alot of the sites are for inter-rail/U-26 fares only.

Thanks.

I wish to travel by train from Figueras (near Girona in Spain) to Argeles-sur-Mer in the South of France.

The http://www.bahn.de website wont let me purchase these tickets online, and the other two sites wont let me select this route. Is there anywhere in Dublin I can buy these tickets before traveling in August or should I wait 'til the day of travel and buy the train tickets in Figueras?

thanks for your advice,
Gallogly

If you're a glutton for punishment you could go into the CIE office on Abbey Street in Dublin and they'll sell European Rail tickets from there.. it's a pretty laboroius process and really not worth it in my view unless it's a very busy train and you need a reservation, can't buy it online and won't have time to get one when you're on the ground where you're departing from.

But really for a journey of an hour or two on regional trains I'd just buy them when you get to Spain

I wish to travel by train from Figueras (near Girona in Spain) to Argeles-sur-Mer in the South of France.

The http://www.bahn.de website wont let me purchase these tickets online,
thanks for your advice,
Gallogly

why are you trying to use the german state railway website to buy tickets from spain to germany... makes no sense to me

because its one of the websites that Enaja and Janet recommended earlier in the post.

the german site is the best in europe for timetables of all trains so it's a useful starting point (it's also in english) to determine what trains are available on the days you wish to travel. as pointed out unless there's a grand prix or something on in the area buying tickets for shorter journeys is better on the day in spain or france (if it was a tgv journey though getting them in advance can result in much cheaper tickets).