Train Fine - Court Summons

G

gaga25

Back last July I received a Train Fine for not producing a ticket.

I had misplaced my ticket on the train it seems prior to leaving. As a result I had no ticket to pass the barriers, this by the way is a trip I take every day pretty much.

I received a standard €50 fine which was paid.

Today, I received a call, saying I would be recieving a Court Summons for not paying. There seems to be no record on their system. I also have no record of payment unfortunately.

Is there anyway I can get out of having to appear at the court?

Also how much notice must be given before they can expect you to appear. I was told it would be in the next 2 weeks.

They had incorrect address details lodged for me it seems.

I don't know how to approach this and have been worried, stressed and upset since the call. The fine was paid but I suspect a clerical error.

Can someone please advise?

I'd rather just pay the fine again almost than having to appear in court etc.

thanks

Re: Hoping someone Can Help :-(

[FONT=&quot]Please the title of your post in line with the Posting Guidelines.

Please read the before posting again on Askaboutmoney.

Any responses to posts with meaningless titles will be removed.

If the title is not edited within a reasonable time, the post will be closed.

Brendan
Administrator [/FONT]

Re: Hoping someone Can Help :-(

I don't think I can edit the Title?

It just lets me edit the text.

Sorry...

Can you fix please?

I received a standard €50 fine which was paid.

Today, I received a call, saying I would be recieving a Court Summons for not paying. There seems to be no record on their system. I also have no record of payment unfortunately.
how did you make the payment, cash in an envelope?

It was cash. No envelope.

I dunno how this works - I know you can pay on the spot if you wish too and have seen people paying the €50 and not being issued with a receipt (I think)

It's just wrecking my head.

Thanks for the reply

Where did you pay the fine? You should be able to identify who you paid fairly easily.

It seems odd to me that you received a phone call informing you about the summons-who called you?

You maybe be better off asking the question in the 'Commuting and Transport' forum on boards.ie as there are some fairly informed posters on all things Iarnroid Eireann over there.

All the best.

If you're summoned to court you should have received a summons in the post stating date and time and reason for summons. Maybe one of your friends is winding you up?