traffic wardens electronic thingy

colin79ie

Does a traffic warden have to post a ticket on your car to let you know you have been recorded, or can they just input your reg into their computer without informing you that they have done so?

Surely if that was the case they could just randomly enter any car they wish?

If they issue a ticket they must attach it to the vehicle or hand the notice to the person in charge of it.

They often record details of cars when they are observed in their hand held terminal. When they come back in a while they can then prove long long the ca was there and issue a ticket with the evidence to support it.

no tickets placed on car in Cork. You get a note in the post some time later. Cork Corporation say that you should get the fine within 7/10 days, but I got one nearly 6 weeks post alleged offence.

Traffic wardens act 1975 is quite clear, the notice must be either affixed to the vehicle or handed to the person in charge of the vehicle.

What Cork City Council is doing is questionable to say the least.

I agree with bond. I have chatted to the local town warden here and he says that the ticket must be placed on the vehicle or given to the driver, it has to be in place in order for it to apply.

Simply tapping your reg number into the machine and sending out a letter is not correct. I would appeal this.

I would question their tapping skills. I got a parking fine in the post today for a city I wasn't ever in not alone been there last Monday. I phoned today to be told straight away that there was a mistake. The girl said she could see on the screen that the reg number and the car didnt match. Wouldn't you think they would make this cross reference before they send out the notices. I asked if she could send me a confirmation that I wasn't liabel for this fine and she told me no as there could be hundreds of these mistakes and that it would cost to much. It seems the wardens are "tapping" in a wrong digit.

For the last couple of years or so a traffic warden or Garda does not have to place a fixed penalty onto the car windscreen. This is a relatively new piece of law and is not generally practiced by any local authorities. It is good though for all those who lie and say they never got one.

I found one on the ground once. So this does not make sense. We could also say that it blew away, etc.

That won't work.

Normally a good warden will take a picture of the car with the notice in place. If the notice is not paid in 21 days a letter is sent to the RO giving another 7 days to pay.

Oh ye of little faith. Bond 007 it is the Road Traffic Act 2006. Many "Fixed Penalty Notices" were achieved around the country using this act. This was quite acute when the act came in as all old fine books were obsolete overnight and replacements were a long time comming. This practice is not now common but is still very much an option. It has been tested in court and it has stood the test.
Taking a picture is good for helping to collect monies on disputed cases but useless in court against any solicitor worth their salt.

so they can post it?

Taking a picture is good for helping to collect monies on disputed cases but useless in court against any solicitor worth their salt.
why, do you mean the pic could be of any car, what if they show the reg?thanks

I I asked if she could send me a confirmation that I wasn't liabel for this fine and she told me no
would you not be entitled to it in case they ever send it again

as there could be hundreds of these mistakes and that it would cost to much. It seems the wardens are "tapping" in a wrong digit.
why don't you contact the kilkenny papers about that if hundreds of people are getting letters as a result of errors they may be interested